Step Into Fashion
A benefit for the Palo Alto Medical Foundation Cancer Care Program
Designer Show, April 14th, 2018, 10 to 4pm, at the Coconut Grove, Santa Cruz. A full range of happening designers!
I am offering workshops at my studio! Please contact me for possible dates. Subjects are:
- Painting with thickened Dye-learn to paint on silk and wool. Make your own fabric!
- Silk-screening with dye or pigment: Create your own image and print it on a top or pillow.
- Create a re-do: Bucket dye a top to embellish with fabric, stitching and silk screen.
- Explore using Solvy: A dissolvable interfacing, for collage with thread and fabric scraps.
- Floorcloths: Make a canvas rug!
Or customize your own weekend retreat!
I am wanting to design the perfect dress. Kinda like the Koos Van der Aker pattern, the red one with stitching and ruched sleeves. Vogue pattern. But slimmed way down. Then, a scaled down EF vest, same style just smaller. I emulated a cool asymmetrical 3/4 jacket I saw in a Nordstrom catalogue very like my K-nette and I have made it mine…
Painting differently, creating a more watery ground, then discharging the crisp graphic on top. Never know what will happen, haha…
Oh, those beautiful Re-dos! Have in mind to deconstruct them more and use them more like yardage…Channeling Diane! Sideways re-dos!